Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Mouse invasion

Monday

I was awake late trying to digest the oily vegetables. But I did not wake to use the bathroom after that. I got up about 8:15. I passed out water to those that needed it. I looked up vermicompost on Ebay, but some sellers were measuring by weight and others by volume. It was tough to compare.

I started listening to an interview. Then Casey stopped by to get the milk jars. I had to empty one and rinse it out to give him. Then I started washing dishes and realized the interview was still playing. Unfortunately it was not one that could be rewound. I had to start it all over again. I resumed washing dishes until Jamie called. I paused the interview to talk to her. She said mice had gotten into the apartment and shredded toilet paper and paper towels all over. And there were droppings everywhere.

I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail, then worked on the compost pile. Then there was more e-mail. I clipped some sweet potato cuttings to root for the new chaplain's wife when she gets here. I fertilized the lawn with LAB.

We ate supper: ground beef and goat cheese and carrots and peppers and tomatoes. I went through my telegram messages. We brought in the sweet potato plant and the tomato seedlings after looking at the weather report.

I made tea and posted to my blog. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. We went to bed early, but I got up later to shut everything off.

No comments: