Monday, May 16, 2022

The anniversary of the day our music died

Sunday

I slept on the wrong side of ok. I woke up early to use the bathroom and was not able to go back to sleep. I got up at 8:20. I took probiotics, brushed my teeth, watered plants here and there. Chris turned on the wi-fi. My computer had rebooted so I lost my place in the podcast. When I found it, I finished the podcast then watched Dr.Berg videos.

At the end of the supplement routine, I made breakfast, I ate it while listening to interviews. I reflected that today is the day Dad died. Then I wondered what if there was no Faye in this world?

Chris came to church with me since the assistant was out. We got there a little early, merely seconds before the pastor from Tooele showed up. I unlocked the door. The chaplain's assistant was on emergency leave so we were on our own. I played the right hand of three hymns. Then the pastor talked for an hour from the 6th chapter of John and said a prayer and the service was over. I had brought seed crackers and cheese sticks. Every one got eaten so maybe I should have brought more (but I never know how many people are coming).

When we got home, I cut up orange peels to dry. I ate a grapefruit and cut up that peel as well. Then I changed my clothes and we went to the parking lot by Chris' office. I stood around talking to others while Chris went to look for the keys to the gov't van. He couldn't find them so the group took three vehicles.

We went to Granite Mountain on a recon for climbing tomorrow. There was a lot of standing around. I did examine some rock formations and climb on one. Then we went to see a man-made tunnel. There wasn't much inside except for tumbleweeds. On the other hand, we didn't have flashlights so might have missed something. It is used as a place to blow stuff up.

On the way there and back, the guy behind me mentioned some of the things we were seeing. It was interesting, but little stuck with me. When we got back to the office, Chris had to go inside and mark the mileage. Then the others left, talking about supper with the colonel. We went home. Chris cooked mushrooms and steamed vegetables. I ate the last of the ground beef. Chris went to the colonel's house for the dinner he just heard about.

I continued listening to interviews (and Michele who was playing an online DnD game for charity). I posted to my blog and jotted notes for the next day. I parsed out two weeks worth of supplements. Chris came home from the colonel's house. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Cheers. We both spent time with our laptops and then went to bed.

No comments: