Monday, May 30, 2022

The party

Sunday

We slept in late, after waking up to quite the rainstorm last night and the gusting wind.

I looked up a recipe for liquid laundry detergent. I tried to find prices for the ingredients online but every site had a different price, like $5 vs $10. So I looked up the stores we shop at, but there were no prices listed.

I watched a short video of the Pfizer CEO talking about their 5-year goals: “One of them was by 2023 to reduce the number of people * in the world by 50%. I think today the dream is becoming reality”. The WEF (World Economic Forum) applauded. (Another video shows that the phrase “who cannot afford our medicines” was left out).

I read e-mail. I found my last roll of chicken wire in the front hall. I talked to Michele, who is in Richmond for her birthday. I made and ate breakfast. I washed up and got dressed for church, something easy to play in. Chris took a shower and got dressed. There was no gaming because most players were doing something else this weekend.

We went to the chapel. Not knowing how many people were coming, I brought a second snack, but left it in my bag. I put the mint muffins on the front table. I told the chaplain's assistant what our plan was for playing hymns. Then I set up the music stands. Saronna came with her oldest daughter. We chatted with the guest pastor. When we figured no one else was coming, Saronna and I played our first hymn, We Gather Together. We also played two suggestions we got from the congregation (Chris, Jenni and Rick). Then the pastor had an opening prayer and preached from the 8th chapter of John. Afterward, Saronna and I played The Star Spangled Banner while the others sang. I could only do one verse because it went so high.

Afterward, we chatted and had mint muffins. Not my favorite flavoring as it turns out, but the nuts were a hit. When we got home, I tried a muffin with goat cheese, but that combination fell flat.

I changed my clothes and picked out plants to take to the garden, leaving the hot weather plants behind. I took a coat because of the wind there. I planted melons (I think) with mycorrhizae and sardines. I spread some LAB water on them.

Then I went to the gym to meet Michelle. She wasn't there but I worked out anyway. At 5 I went home to wash up and change clothes. I called Michelle and Chris, but did not get either of them. So I drove to Michelle's house. She introduced me to Luke, who was from her martial arts class. I chatted with them and then Chris arrived. After some more conversation, we all sat at the table. Casey had cooked Korean food. Luke said the blessing. Then we passed around the dishes and ate.

The Lands stopped by. Michelle offered them food. When supper was over, she brought out two cakes. Almost everybody had some, most had seconds. Heather and Jenni came by and had cake too. We sat around the table telling funny stories. We had a good time, but around 9, we stood up to say our goodbyes. Chris left, but I got caught up again. Finally I said I had to go, and Jenni asked for a ride home. So I dropped her off at her house and went home.

I made tea and we watched one episode of Gomer Pyle. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read Telegram messages and work on my blog.

No comments: