Thursday, May 12, 2022

Bringing the community together

Wednesday

I got up before 8. I went through the usual coffee morning routine, then cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed dishes, then spent a lot of time trying to clear soap impediments from the sprayer of my bottle of cleaner. It had been in my car, probably froze and thawed several times. The liquid had small lumps in it, and no doubt some of that lodged in the sprayer nozzle.

I sat in the sun, reading the book on garden amendments. I took a shower and got dressed. I put the rotten eggs in the gopher tunnels. I flattened several mounds.

I read e-mail and watched short video clips in Telegram. At 5pm I walked to the post office and came back with mail and a package. I called Faye, who was at home, doing well, but not supposed to drive until the drain gets taken out (on Friday).

I brought the tomato plant inside, then went to the community meeting. CSM was taking suggestions of what the community could do without spending money. Most suggestions involved food or guns. CSM asked me to widen a skirt for her. At 7:20, I texted Chris, thinking he would be a valuable addition to the meeting. But he showed up just as everyone was leaving.

Chris stayed to hang out, but I went home because the meeting was above the community club and there was food everywhere. I opened the Swanson box and put the contents away. I cut a drink bottle to make a tent over one of the sugar cane stalks, hoping it was not dead. There seemed to be some interest in sugarcane plants at the meeting. I also planted some acai berries.

When Chris got back, he was ready to watch TV, but he allowed me time to finished my blog post. He made a point of saying he wants to start watching TV at 8. I made tea and we watched three episodes of Cheers. He went to bed, but I stayed up to watch part of episode 7 of Propaganda Exposed.

No comments: