Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A baby gopher

Tuesday

I woke up while Chris was getting ready for work. I put a towel over my eyes and went back to sleep. I got up around 7:30. It was in the 50's outside, so I read e-mail for an hour. Then I watered plants outside and in. I watered a hole until the gopher came up and I 'rocked' it to sleep.

I went to the garden to water and fertilize. I used what was in the 5 gallon bucket. I pulled some weeds, too. Then I went to the Mustang Run house to clean. I worked on the stove, baseboards, and toilet rings.

Three hours later I went home for breakfast. Then I took my trombone over to Saronna's house. We played our favorite song. Then Sebastien arrived. So we played through four hymns. Afterward, he asked for a ride home, so I packed up, cleaned out my front seat, and took him home.

I went home to get my phone to text Terri about walking. Then I met her at the gym. Michelle was there, too. We walked and talked around the track on the second level of the gymnasium. Michelle is currently persuing an exciting job and Terri told us she is leaving. On the way home, I stopped by the library. Melissa had gotten the next book in the series for me. I also got the next season of Cheers.

I went home for supper. I picked lettuce and dandelion to make a salad. Michelle texted me about her freeze-dryer. I worked on my blog post. I whipped up a batch of cheese sticks and threw them in the oven. I mowed with the electric mower around the edges of the yard. I stopped in time to get the cheese squares out of the oven. Then I finished mowing the back yard. I had to pause once because a tiny gopher was crawling in the grass and I didn't want to run over it. So I picked it up and took it to Chris. He said to put it in the empty lot. I wish I had taken a pic of it.

I put the mower away. I came in and ate the crispy edges of the cheese, then put the rest in a container in the fridge. I finished my blog post, then heated tea. We watched four episodes of Cheers season 8. I fell asleep on the couch, but Chris woke me up before he went to bed.

* I wish i had taken a pic of the baby gopher. *

No comments: