Sunday, August 7, 2022

Chuck mowed my yard

Saturday I got up around 7. I took a few minutes to get ready, then texted Terri that Chuck could come over to mow. I went outside to water and discovered that the grass was wet. Chuck did come over, and brought a container of gasoline, which he put in the mower. But the grass was so wet that he decided to come back at 10. I spent most of that time raking gopher mounds, and picking up sticks. Then I went to the garden to care for the plants, then went to a Mustang Run house to get my cleaning supplies. I dropped them off at the company house. When I got back, I opened the garage, then started reading e-mail. Chuck came back and fired up the mower. He mowed the yard, skipping a few places that would better be done with a small push mower. He had to stop to flatten mounds that arose after I cleared the yard. And there were a few that I missed. After he finished, I closed the garage. I took the new sewing machine through a diagnostic to check or reset the LCD screen. But it didn't solve the problem. It was still too dim. I went through bags of fabric strips to get some for class. I also pulled some backing fabrics. I made and ate breakfast around noon. I got a text from Meredith saying she was sick and could not help me clean today. I read some e-mail, then put the sewing supplies in my car. I drove to the chapel and began to carry stuff in. Terri came and helped me. I set up one machine and Tonja showed up. Terri showed us a quilt that she had mostly quilted, but not bound. As we were talking, Diane's husband came with a patch he needed sewn on his uniform. Since we were just talking and not sewing, I used a seam ripper to take off the old patch. I basted the new one in place, then sewed it down with a machine. Terri had to leave, and Tonja helped me pack up and carry stuff to my car. I went home to get ready, then went to the company house. I spent two hours cleaning and throwing out the dead mice. Ugh. The mouse in the sticky trap was still alive. When I got home, I had a few bites of supper. I got a text that church was canceled because the chaplain's wife was back in the hospital. I texted a few people that might not know. Then I put on my suit and went to the pool. The water was cold, but there were visitors playing in it. If it was 75 yesterday, it was lower today. And yet, I got in. I swam half laps, trying to stay out of people's way. I was kind of glad when the life guard called time. I toweled off and went home. I changed into dry clothes. I picked greens for a salad, then went to deliver the uniform shirt to Diane's husband. He was practically next door to the house we cleaned. I punched in the garage code, and went in. Using my new magic eraser, I cleaned some spots that the inspection team noted. I guess when they go to replace the hanging blind and see that it is clean, they will have to conclude that someone broke in and cleaned. Back at home, I finished my salad. I watched episodes of the latest summits. I worked on my blog. It took a long time, and finally I had to pause the interview in order to concentrate on my blog. Then I composed the July cleaning invoice and went to bed soon after.

No comments: