Monday, August 8, 2022

Lunch with Terri and Chuck

Sunday

I got up about 7:40. My hands hurt. I didn't know if it was from overwork, or eating the wrong things. I held off on watering the plants. I checked e-mail. I suggested to Michelle and Terri that we gather at the chapel and sing hymns since there will be no church.

Later I watered the plants at home, then the ones at the garden. I went by the Mustang Run house to drop off cleaning supplies. Then I went to the shoppette to get gas. When I got home, I checked my phone and Facebook for messages. I listened to an interview. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and then made breakfast.

I put on a dress, picked up my trombone and headed to the chapel. I unlocked the door and went inside, putting my instrument up front. Then I laid on the couch in back until I heard people. Terri and Chuck came in. We conversed and then Simon showed up. So the four of us sang hymns for 45 minutes. We also prayed for the chaplain's wife.

Simon left and Terri invited me over for lunch, consisting of curry and green twisty noodles. I went home to change clothes and get ready. Then I walked to their house. I brought some of the seed crackers with me since I had forgotten to bring them to church. We sat at their table and had a nice lunch. Then Chuck went to the chapel for choir practice. A little later he called to say the chapel needed to be unlocked. So Terri drove me over there and I unlocked it.

She and I sat and talked in her livingroom until Chuck came back. I was really tired but stayed to chat a little longer. He gave me a battery-powered sonic gopher repeller. I walked home and tried to take a nap, but just as I was nodding off, the phone rang. I wanted to yell “Can't you see that I'm trying to sleep?”. I assume it was Michelle 'cause there was a text from her asking when I was going to the gym. She wanted my goat milk jars. So I emptied the last one into another jar and put the jars on my porch.

Then I went to the gym. I chatted with Mickie a bit, then did the usual circuit workouts for arms, legs, and core and went home. Chris texted to say he had landed at SLC and was on his way home. I picked lettuce and made a salad. I ate while watching an interview. I paused it to work on my blog.

Chris came home. I asked him if John proposed to Michele, and Chris said Michele had figured it out earlier and said yes. So we are going to be in-laws!

I heated tea (which I made at breakfast time). We watched 3 or 4 episodes of Cheers. I got really sleepy and went to bed. But Chris followed me and I had to give him some attention before going to sleep.

No comments: