Sunday, August 7, 2022

Experimenting with butter and cheese

Friday

I woke up, having slept pretty well. I watered the plants at home. I noted that the tomato in the box was getting too much water. I went to the company house and started sheets in the washer. Then I went to the garden. Gene and Emily pulled up behind me.

I noticed a leak in my watering system. Gene fixed the leak. Emily gave me some brussels sprouts and an egg plant. I offered them mint.

I went home. I worked outside. I killed a gopher, but missed it's mate. I moved the hose to run along the fence. Then I went back to the company house to put the sheets in dryer and towels in the washer.

I watched an interview, and then some sewing videos, looking for my next project. I started breakfast, then went to the company house to put the towels in the dryer, and ammonia in the tub. When I got home, I finished eating breakfast. I watched more sewing videos and some goat butter videos.

I took the milk out of the fridge. I scraped off as much cream as I could, but it wasn't much. Some I put in a NutraBullet to try to make butter, but I could only run it 1 minute at a time to avoid burning out the motor. I heated the rest of the goat milk on the stove. I posted a potholder class for tomorrow on Facebook.

At 3:30 I went walking with Terri at the gym. I brought her a piece of seed cracker and she brought me a check for the groceries she bought yesterday. We walked for about 40 minutes. Afterward, we stopped at the front desk to ask about signing up for a shopping trip later this month, but the man knew nothing about it.

When I got home, I heated the milk again, and put lemon juice in. It curdled and I filtered the curds out, leaving behind the whey. I mixed a few things into the cheese to make it more flavorful.

I put on my suit and went to the pool. Heather was there, and had lots of good things to say about her family camping trip. About 7:20 she had to leave. I put my toe in the water and it was cold. The lifeguard estimated it to be 75. Amazingly, I got in anyway. My body adjusted to the cold and I swam the usual laps until time was called. I got out and toweled off. I walked to the parking lot. Grace came running over to tell me she was moving to Florida and did I know anyone who needed to buy a washer and dryer. I encouraged her to put it on the Dugway 24/7 Facebook page.

After a bit of chatting, I went home and changed into my night gown. I picked lettuce and made a salad. I also ate some cooked veggies. I texted with Chris. I heard rain, but never thought to roll up my car windows. I tried to work on my blog while watching news videos.

I looked for solutions to the dim LCD screen online. Then I finished up my blog post. I read a little more e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: