Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Taking on another domicile to clean

Monday

I woke up early and tried to go back to sleep. I got up about 7:30, after Chris left. It was a little cool out, but I put on my bathing suit and a pair of shorts. I watered all the plants at home. I replanted the peppers from the pot into the flowerbed. I put batteries in the gopher repeller and stuck it in back of the house, where it won't get mowed over. I got a call for a quote. I put my dried herbs in bags and labeled them.

I went to the garden to water and fertilize. I pulled a bunch of weeds. Then the kids from the CDC showed up. I was skimpily dressed, so I went home. I got a drink and changed clothes, then went to the apartments.

I was early, but so were the inspection people. I brought a cleaning contract and everybody signed it. The resident paid me in cash, which I put into an envelop with the keys. She also gave me a bundle for the swap shop, which I put in my trunk.

When I got home, I drank some whey, then went to the most recent house on Mustang Run. Jamie had pulled out the stove and fridge so I could clean behind them. So I did that first. I cleaned until noon, which was an hour and a half, minus a few minutes talking to Jamie.

When I got home, I made and ate breakfast. I started watching This Week with Mary and Polly. Chris came home for lunch and asked for bread. So I started a loaf of bread in the machine.

I read e-mail for awhile, then went back to cleaning. I did another hour, then went walking with Terri at the gym. I cleaned again, until 5:30. I met Steve at April's house. He let me tour her place to come up with a quote for cleaning. Then I cleaned again until almost 6:30. I had finished the kitchen and done some windows, tracks, and baseboards.

Back at home, I made and ate a salad, then put on my bathing suit. While Chris roasted brussels sprouts, I went to the pool, passing by the new and old water heaters sitting out in the parking lot. The new one was bigger than the old one. When I got to the pool, it was full of young soldiers. Heather was reading. The water was cold (76), but I was able to get in anyway. Later Heather joined me in swimming around. Swimming is more fun with someone to talk to.

After the soldiers left, I wondered what time it was. We swam some more, then asked for the time. It was 7:58. I got out and dried off. I chatted with the lifeguards, then went home. I changed into dry clothes. I put some pumice sticks in the car for tomorrow. I ate brussels sprouts while working on my blog. I heated tea and we watched Cheers. I wanted to go to bed, but got caught up in reading e-mail, so went to bed only 10 minutes early.

No comments: