Saturday, August 20, 2022

Melanie's big sale

Friday

I got up after 7:30. Chris had left long ago to work out with the colonel. Chris came home while I was getting dressed. I checked my phone for messages. Then I went to the company house to get the laundry started. They had pulled the stove out as I requested. Sheets were already in the dryer and there was another load lying on the floor. So I put it in the washer and went to the garden.

After watering and feeding the garden, I went home. Chris was off exploring Dugway boundaries with the colonel on off-highway vehicles. I watered and fed the home plants. I put on an interview and deleted a bunch of e-mail, unsubscribing as I went. There are literally so many e-mails that I don't have time to read, that it hurts my wrist to delete them all.

I went back to the company house to move the sheets from the washer to the dryer. Then I went to the apartment to get my cleaning supplies. While there, I noted that the burner bowls and stove hood filter were still not clean. So when I got home, I got out a big tub to soak them in. I whipped up a batch of muffins and baked them in the oven.

I listened to an interview with a scientist who says the answer to the nitrogen problem is not as bad as they say, plus it can be addressed by changing the cow's diet and collecting their urine. Plus excess nitrogen is a local problem and should be addressed with laws that only apply to those specific areas, not the entire country. I made and ate breakfast. I worked for half an hour at the apartment. I put hot ammonia water in a big tub and soaked the burner bowls and filter in it. Then I went to the company house and worked for another half hour. I went home about 2, hoping Chris would be there, but he wasn't.

I sorted zippers in my sewing room. I didn't realize I had so many, and so many kinds. I put some aside for the class. When Chris got home, he packed the cooler and we went to Tooele, listening to the book on tape.

We went to the usual places. Melanie's was having a big sale and I spent over $200. After shopping at Macey's, we went to Harbor Freight for sonic gopher stakes for the colonel. We picked up 10 for him and 2 for us. Then we went home.

After putting food away, I ate a quick supper, and went to the pool. It was cold, but Heather got in and swam. Jenni and Michelle just stood in the shallow end. I brought the clock I bought at the thrift shop, and propped it on a chair so we could see the time.

Just as we were getting out, Chris arrived, wanting me to go with him to take the gopher chasers to the colonel. But I insisted we go home so I could change. He waited in his car for me to quickly change into dry clothes. Then we went up the hill. The colonel was trimming his bushes. We chatted with his family, then finally came home at 9. I was chilly. I jotted notes for my blog, then made tea. We watched Cheers. I nearly went to bed, but checked one thing online - then got hooked and was on until midnight.

No comments: