Friday, August 19, 2022

MWR trip to Salt Lake City

Thursday

I got up before 7:30. I watered the plants at home and at the garden. When I came home, I found a swap shop key inside the screen door. I ate something, and packed a cooler. I posted the sewing project to Facebook. My wrists hurt badly so I took an Aleve. I put a bottle of water and one of kombucha in the cooler. I also took a wrap in case of air conditioning.

I picked up Terri on my way to the gym. We got out and headed to the door, but then the van drove up. So we got in. Rebecca and her son came and then Jenni arrived. We each had to sign a waiver before the van could take off.

It was a long trip. We talked among ourselves and got to know Rebecca. My wrists hurt from cleaning and Terri prayed over them. We rode to an Asian store south of SLC.

It was not the store I intended but I was able to get kimchi and natto there. I put what I could in the cooler and took out the water bottle. It was cold and felt good against my right wrist. Then we went to The Container Store. It was very interesting, but they did not have the large silicon ice cube tray that I wanted. Terri and I checked out then looked in the mall for the food court. We found Jenni sitting right outside the container store but could not find Rebecca. There was an information sign, but it just showed ads and QR codes. Not very informative.

Finally we heard Rebecca was at the van so we walked through the container store to get there. We got in and rode to Chinatown Supermarket. This was the right one. There were restaurants galore and of course, the grocery store. Three of us bought kimbap and sat on a couch in the hallway to eat. Then we shopped in the grocery part. I did not find sugar cane or pomegranates.

Finally we met at the van and went to a huge thrift shop. I found a large clock for $3 that might be ok for the pool. We each found something, then paid and met at the van. Our last stop was a WalMart. That's where I found the large ice cube tray. When we left the store, a stretch limo was parked outside. I suggested we have our pic taken with it, then post it on Dugway24/7 and say see what a great time we had on our MWR trip!

After our stops, Brittany drove us back to base. It seemed to take a long time without a book on tape to listen to. But we chatted off and on. When we were back at the gym, Terri and I got in my car and I took her home. I ate most of the jackfruit that I bought. Then I went to see Tonja at the swap shop to give her the key. We talked a little and she gave me a bathing suit that she thought would fit me.

I went home to wait for the family meeting, but 6:30 came and went. So I called Karen but her phone hung up on me. Then I called Kurt. That went through,so I asked him to call Faye and William. Then the family meeting began. Mostly it was Karen and Faye talking but it was good that we all knew what was going on and what needed to happen to settle the estate.

After the call, I checked some e-mail, then sat down to write my blog post. Chris was at a meeting in Tooele (two-EL-ah). He came home around 10. It was too late to watch TV. I finished up e-mail then went to bed.

No comments: