Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Praying in tongues

Tuesday

I got up before 8. I got dressed and opened the garage door so Chuck could borrow our mower. I also moved my car to Chris' spot. I started watering the house plants. Chuck came over and drove the mower to his house. I went to the garden to water, feed, and pick. I pruned some plants so they will bear sooner.

When I got home, I could see Chuck mowing his yard. Then he started mowing mine. I went out to greet him. He suggested I rake all the gopher mounds while he finished up some stuff at home, then he would finish my yard. Figuring he'd be back in an hour, I told him to leave the mower right where it was.

I dispersed and raked all the mounds. My wrists hurt and my hands were raw. Chuck did not come back. I read e-mail until breakfast time, then made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch and went back to work. Michelle stopped by with the items I had given her to freeze-dry. The ice cream was most interesting.

I took my trombone and went to Saronna's house. We played our piece for the talent show, then some fun pieces from a book of old hits. Then I went to the gym to walk with Terri. No one else showed up. We agreed to meet again at 5 for a discussion of praying in tongues.

I went home. I talked to Jamie, then drove to Housing to set up a time for inspection on the apartment. I asked for Terrie's inspection time, then texted it to her. I wrote mine on the calendar in the hall.

At 5, I went to Terrie's house. We discussed praying in tongues and she demonstrated. I didn't understand a word, but it sounded like a real language. She had me pray and put her hands on me so I could receive the gift of tongues as well. It took an hour and a half, and I wasn't able to do it. Then I went home for supper. Chuck came over to move the mower so the sprinklers wouldn't hit it, but by then Chris was moving it.

I picked lettuce, added stuff from the garden, and stuff from the fridge. After eating, I listened to Mike Adams, then worked on my blog. I made tea, practiced my piece, then watched Cheers with Chris. Later I read a book until bed time.

* Freeze-dried chocolate ice cream *

No comments: