Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Don't argue with the garrison manager's wife

Monday

I watered plants at home, then at the garden. I was going to make seed crackers, but I only had one egg left. I contacted Northern Tool company to buy the extra solar panel. I had to go through customer service to pay for it. That took longer than it should have. CJ came by with 2 dozen eggs. I paid her, then whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven for an hour.

I went to the apartment to clean for 50 minutes, then came home after noon, just behind Chris. He made his lunch while I made breakfast. I put the stove hood filter from the apartment in hot ammonia water and ate breakfast while it soaked. I deleted a bunch of e-mail, then rinsed off the filter and most of the grease came off. Now why didn't it do that when I soaked it for four days at the apartment?

At 2, I went back to the apartment to clean. I worked on the last set of blinds. I quit halfway to go to a 3pm meeting, which was a re-quote. They didn't answer the door, so I went back to the apartment to get my phone. I looked over house with Jamie, then had to rush off to go walking with Terri at the gym. Jamie gave them magic erasers and dusting heads on poles so they could clean stuff themselves and have us requote after that.

I got home before 4:30. I might have read e-mail. Then I went to the apartment at 5 to finish the blinds and vacuum. I left at 6:40 for home. I had a few bites of steak, then put on my suit and went to the pool.

I placed my large clock on a chair near the shallow end of the pool. Then I laid my other stuff on a lounge by the deep end. Hardly anyone was there. I got in and started swimming. Jenni came and got in halfway. Michelle came with her mother and her kids. The kids got in and swam around.

The lifeguard gave us a 5 minute warning at 7:45. I told him the garrison manager said we could swim till 8. He said the colonel was on his side. I swam until he called time at 7:50, then took my time getting out of the pool. Still we were walking out the gate before 8. We chatted and went home. I told Chris what happened and he called the colonel, who said he sided with Chris.

I ate some raw pea pods, changed clothes, and jotted notes for my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Cheers. Then I read a book, fell asleep, and woke up after midnight to go to bed.

No comments: