Sunday, August 21, 2022

The very hungry catapillars

Saturday

I got up a little late. I watered the plants at home and at the garden. I noticed the tops of the potato plants were chewed off. I found large tomato worms eating the stems. I brought them home and took their pic. I posted it on the community page so others will know to check their gardens.

I made a sample zippered pouch for the class, Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I took a shower then made and ate breakfast. I selected fabrics for the class. I took pics of what the touch screen on the new sewing machine would look like if the LCD screen worked. Chris went to the office and printed it out for me.

I loaded the machines in the car and drove to the chapel. Chris met me there and carried them in. As I was setting up, Faye called. She was worried about the estate ledger. I wasn't able to give Faye the time and attention she needed. Tonja arrived and helped me set up. Then Saronna and her family came. I texted Jenni and then she showed up.

The kids picked out their fabric right away. They wanted the panel print that I got from the lady in the RV park. That's not what I brought it for, but since I don't like it, it was ok with me. They both wanted the eagle on their zippered pouch so I went home and got the rest of the bolt. Tonja said she could make curtains out of it.

She and I helped the kids make their pouches. Mr. Clark worked on the cloak for Saronna. Jenni made a scrubber. Rebecca and Rowan came. They worked on jewelry, I think. I brought three machines and Tonja brought one. So we had four, but only really used three.

When they were done, they helped me pack up and carry the machines to the car. I went home to hydrate. Chris was roasting bacon in the oven. Then I went to the company house. Kayla was dropped off by her mom. She helped me finish up the house in about 45 minutes We didn't mop because the mop bucket was at another house.

I dropped her off at her house and gave her $10. Then I went home. I finished folding the laundry for Chris and he put steaks in the oven. I jotted notes for my blog. I made a salad and ate some steak. Then I put on a suit and went to the pool.

It had been raining on and off all day so the pool was cold like creek water. And there was a layer of extracold water on top. But three of us got in. I was the only one that swam around, though. I had the clock propped up so we could see it.

At 7:55 we got out. I dried off and walked to my car, talking to Michelle. After a bit of a chat, we went home. The steak was still on the stove. I ate some more because it was soooo good, then cut it off the bone and put it in a container in the fridge. I wrote my blog post and made tea. I practiced our piece for the talent show. Then we watched episodes of Cheers. I nearly fell asleep.

Afterward, we made the bed with fresh sheets and put away laundry. Then I sat down to catch up on e-mail, and went to bed late.

No comments: