Monday, August 1, 2022

A chat with the colonel

Sunday

I got up just shy of 8:30. I handwatered all the plants with a dilution of whey, and then water. I went to the garden to water. I used whey there, too. I added a tomato cage, and two mousetraps to hold the end of a drip line shut.

I went to the Mustang Run house to drop off Mop-n-Glo for Jamie. We talked, then I went home. I whipped up a batch of cheese sticks and stuck them in the oven. I watered the flowerbeds with the hose.

I asked Chris for a coconut oil massage, but he said it was too late. I took a shower, then got dressed. I made and ate breakfast. I put the cheese sticks in a container. I brought in the crock pot from the car and put my trombone in. Then I went to the chapel.

I dropped the snack on the back table, then took my trombone up front. I got it set up then practiced with Sebastien. New people came and chaplain's whole family greeted them, including their therapy dog (who licked my hands which probably smelled of cheese).

We sang two praise hymns, with the lyrics on the overhead. Then the chaplain gave his sermon. Afterward I played two hymns with Sebastien. The chaplain said the closing prayer. I chatted with various people there. I got lots of compliments on my cheese sticks. I was the last to leave.

When I got home, I ate fruit and listened to Chris game while reading e-mail. I took a nap. Later, I went to the gym. Chris came and moved the weights, then went home. I worked out for half an hour, then chatted with Mickie and went home.

I saw a black truck in front of our house. I found the colonel and Chris on the back porch. I sat on a 5 gallon bucket and the colonel told me about his experience at the pool. We talked about other things, too.

After he left, I made a salad and ate it plus some watermelon. I texted with Michelle, and worked on my blog post. Chris and I watched three episodes of Cheers. I watched a video on what your face tells you about your health. After clearing more e-mail, I went to bed.

No comments: