Monday, August 15, 2022

Old McDonald had sonic stakes

Sunday

I got up just before 8:30, and checked e-mail. I learned about benefits of infrared light on melatonin. I learned about the 5 kinds of candles you can make ate home. I wished that could be a craft project, but the melting takes too long.

I watered here and away. I wrapped two wooden dowels with copper wire and put one in a flowerbed and the other in a tomato pot. I put in sonic stakes and dispersed gopher mounds.

Then I wrote a song: Old MacDonald had sonic stakes, EIEIO, every 30 seconds, a sound it makes, EIEIO. With a buzz buzz here and a buzz buzz there, here a buzz, there a buzz, everywhere a buzz buzz, Old MacDonald had sonic stakes, and he watched the gophers go.

I texted with Kurt who was at the reunion. It was well attended. Then I washed myself off, and made breakfast. I ate, got dressed, then took my trombone and cheese snacks to the chapel.

Saronna was there with her string bass. The young man was playing piano. The chaplain was there with the kids and the dog. A few other people came, and then the service started. Sgt King played two praise songs on the overhead. Then the chaplain gave his sermon. Saronna and I played two hymns. We had Communion. After some chatting, I found myself last in line to leave. I offered the remaining cheese to the chaplain but he said he couldn't eat it. And no cheese for the therapy dog, so I took it home.

I changed clothes, then went over to Terri's to see the book case. We took it to the swap shop. Chuck drew a diagram of how to build shelving out of crate plywood. I went home, read e-mail. Diane called and we had a nice chat. I texted Michelle, then went to meet her at the gym. She talked to me the whole time I was working out. Then after the gym closed, we sat outside and talked for another 2.5 hours. I went home, got something to eat, and made tea. We watched four episodes of Cheers. Then I read e-mail until I went to bed.

No comments: