Monday, August 29, 2022

Freeze-drying herbs

Sunday

I slept in a little. I watered the plants at home, then went to swap shop, took a quick look and locked it. I got the mail, then went to the garden. I picked a bunch of mint for freeze-drying. When I got home, I made cheese sticks. I shucked the mint leaves while it baked. I tried to print sheet music, but it did not come out well. I think the roller needs cleaning.

I made and ate breakfast. I heard Chris talking to Michele before the game. She said the second weekend in October not good for his mom, so how about having the wedding on the 3rd weekend?

I got dressed for church. I went to the chapel. Chuck and Terri were just arriving. He carried my trombone in for me. I talked to the chaplain's assistant. He found the hymns in the hymnal. I was afraid they needed to be put on the screen up front.

I umpacked my trombone. One of the chaplain's little boys wanted to try out my trombone, so I let him blow on the mouthpiece. His slightly younger brother tried, but was not able to do it. I sat by Michelle in the second row. The chaplain's boys decided to sit with her. We had praise songs on the overhead, which I could not sing. Then the chaplain gave his sermon. Afterward, I played “What a friend we have in Jesus” for Terri and “I'll Fly Away” for Chuck. The congregation seemed to like both. After that, we chatted. I gave Terri what was left of the seed crackers and cheese sticks that I brought for snack. They make good travel food.

I came home, and checked e-mail. I changed clothes, then jotted notes for my blog. I wrote up yesterday. I harvested a big bag of basil. I stripped the leaves from the stems and washed them, spun them dry and put them in a bag. I made a little muffin and goat cheese sandwich with a basil leaf for Michelle.

I packed my sauna bag and went to the gym. I gave her the muffin sandwich and the empty goat milk jar. I also gave her bags of basil and mint to freeze-dry. We worked out, then sat in the sauna and talked. I told her Terri had prayed with Kincie for healing and her pain stopped.

I went by Michelle's house later to get two more bottles of goat milk. I took them home and put them in my fridge. I walked down to Terri's house. She gave me some cleaners that she is done with and the containers for the cheese sticks and seed crackers. Then we sat on the floor and had a nice chat. Later she walked me home and we talked more about praying in tongues and praying for healing.

I sat down to write my blog post, then made tea and we watched Ghost Busters: Afterlife, courtesy of Netflix. I read e-mail for a bit, then went to bed.

* This photo was actually taken last Sunday. Saronna was not able to attend today. *

No comments: