Sunday, August 28, 2022

Helping with the cleaning

Saturday

I got up late. I watered plants here at home and then at the garden. I noted more gopher activity near the tomatoes and potatoes. I put in another solar stake. Something ate my peas and left a shredded pod.

When I got home, I made a batch of seed crackers for church. Then Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. We each took a shower. I read e-mail till I got a text from Terri. Chuck came over to look at the wood I had for shelves. He said it was not good enough. So we went to the swap shop. There were two odd shelves leaning on a wall. We took them to my house and cut them to size. I suggested we cut up the old podium for shelving, but he said it would take too long.

After hydrating and loading some cleaing supplies in my handbag, I went to Terri's house. I cleaned spots on walls with a magic eraser. I also washed the blinds, windows and tracks around the house. I left her some ammonia to soak her stove grills. She gave me extra food from their fridge.

When I got home, I read e-mail and watched parts of videos. Chris made steak, so I had steak and backyard salad for supper. Then I put on a swim suit and went to the pool.

It was really cold, but I made myself get in and start swimming. Later Michelle showed up. She just sat on the side with her feet in the water. She talked about the bar last night and how only the ladies showed up.

At 8, we left the pool area and I took my clock with me. We talked for a bit in the parking lot, but I was freezing. I went home to change. I wrote my blog post and heated tea. We watched two episodes of Cheers. Then we made the bed with clean sheets. I read my book while sitting against a heating pad. At 11, I went to bed.

No comments: