Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Terri and Chuck left today

Monday

I got up almost on time. I got dressed and watered the plants inside and outside the house. I found baby gopher caught in some netting on the back porch. I gave it some clover while I thought over what to do. He didn't eat it. But as I held him, he disentangled himself. He clutched my arm while I walked to the empty lot, and nudged him into a gopher hole.

Then I watered plants at the garden. I brought home all the little peppers that some varmint had plucked from the plants but had not eaten. When I got home, I started parsing supplements.

Then I went to Terri's house. She invited me in to look for any spots she had missed. I found a few spots, especially in the fridge. Then the inspectors came. They looked around. But before they finished, they had Chuck sign the papers. (Maybe because I was there and they know my work?).

Terri and I carried some of her stuff that won't fit in their cars to my house. She had 4 eggs leftover, so I offered to hardboil them. Then I realized Chris had 4 such eggs already. So I gave her Chris' 4 boiled eggs, and I boiled hers. I picked some basil, mint and lettuce for her to take along on the trip. We talked, then Chuck called and she left to meet him at the gas station.

I contacted Jamie to see if she wanted any of the food. I put what I didn't want in a cooler. I continued to work on supplements until she came over. She took the cooler and some stuff for the swap shop. I gave her the keys to the swap shop. We agreed to meet at the apt at 1:30.

I made and ate breakfast while listening to interviews. Chris came home for lunch. He pulled out the bread machine. I pulled out some frozen whey to thaw for the bread. He showed me a pic from the gym where the water heater was in place. He didn't know if it was up and running.

I went to the apt at 1:30. Jamie showed me some spots on the upholstery. She brought in her carpet cleaner and used the upholstery attachment. But it didn't get them out.

Then the inspectors showed up. They looked around, took pics, and checked off the numbers on each item in the apartment. The older man was very complimentary about our work. Needless to say, we passed. I signed the papers, and we left. We continued to chat in the parking lot. I saw the inspectors leave. We went home. I came back to spray the furniture and take pics. I was going to wait, but it took too long to dry so I went home.

At 3:30 I went to the gym. I went walking with the ladies, three of them. Then I went back to the apt to take 'after' pics. The stains were still there. I dropped off the keys with Housing, then went home. I jotted notes for my blog, read e-mail, and then mowed the back yard and what Chuck couldn't do with the riding mower.

At 7, I put on my swimsuit and went to the pool. It was cold, but no worse than usual. The new normal. I swam the first 20 minutes in silence, then Heather got in and our conversation made the rest of the time go much faster. When I got home, I put on dry clothes. I posted to my blog, then made tea. I texted Jamie to see if she have found the swap shop keys. But she hadn't. Chris and I watched episodes of Cheers. Then I read my book until my eyes got tired. Then I went to bed and wondered why I couldn't sleep.

No comments: