Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The pre-inspection quote

Monday

I got up at 7:30. I watered the plants at home. I went to the garden to water and check on those plants. I harvested some mint and kale and a pea pod. When I got home, I stripped and washed wild lettuce leaves and laid them out to dry.

Then I got a phone call from a man who wanted to know how much we would charge to finish cleaning his house after moving out. I called Jamie and we went over there to look around. Things he said he had cleaned were not up to the standards we usually have to meet. So after much discussion, we decided to estimate 13 hours of cleaning at an hourly rate if done before the inspection - meaning we don't sign for the house. I called him and gave him the info. He said he'd get back to us tomorrow.

We went out through the garage, the way we came in. Jamie found a note on her car because she parked in the neighbors driveway. I don't know why she drove since the house is on her street. Anyway, after she wrote a note back, we left. When I got home, I got ready to plant some things, but then Michelle called to say the chaplain's wife was back in the hospital and she was rounding up people to cook for their boys.

I planted the sprouted garlic and some rooted mint. Then I made breakfast, and ate fruit and seed crackers. I spread shredded paper on some of the flowerbeds. I listened to videos while reading e-mail.

At 3:30, I went to the post office, then walking with Terri at the gym. I read e-mail for a bit. Chris came home from work and started steaming broccoli and cauliflower. I raked 1 part of the yard and mowed it. I raked a second part and mowed that. Then I ate some leftover chicken and made a salad. The steamer still wasn't done.

I put on a suit and went to the pool. No one was in it. The sky was overcast and I could hear rumbling. But the lifeguards were ok with me swimming so I did laps until my foot cramped. I swam two more laps, then got out and dried off. After a little chatting, I left.

When I got home, I changed into dry clothes. I could see Chris had been packing for his trip.I finished a video on tomato hacks. I worked on my blog, then made tea. I heard rain hit the roof and knew it was too late to rescue the drying herbs. We watched three episodes of Cheers. I read e-mail after Chris went to bed, then retired myself.

* I think I'll make my own clothes. *

No comments: