Friday, August 26, 2022

The Talent Show

Thursday

I got up at 7:45 and took a keto test. It was slight to moderate. I got to the kitchen at 8. I took some bromelain. I looked into freezing eggs and freeze-drying eggs. Raw eggs should be frozen before being freeze-dried.

I watched a video on the collapse of the world. The geopolitical strategist said the baby boomers will all retire soon, and that means not only will we now pay for their medical care and retirement, we have to do it without their income capital. However, we have millennials, which other countries don't. So their labor markets are collapsing. China will not survive as they are now. But they are unable to change because the people are afraid to tell the leader the truth if it conflicts with what he wants. There will be a debt crisis in most other countries because they borrowed when the dollar was weak. Most countries have a shrinking demographic. I made and ate breakfast, and watched The Highwire. I went walking by myself at the gym, then met Terri at the swap shop. She and Chuck donated several items. I chatted with Terri then went home. I listened to more videos while rehydrating. I ate some steak, and made a salad.

I put on a dress, picked up a quilt and my trombone, and got in Chris' car. He drove us to the church just off post. Mrs. Pace was there so we asked her where to go. She had us follow one of her kids to the fellowship hall. Chairs were set up in a semicircle. Deb showed me where to hang up my quilt. I looked at Randy's stuff which was on the next table. He had built two rifles, bullets, some chain mail, and arrows. Not to mention a lined cloak for his wife.

For an hour, Deb's husband introduced talent show performers. Groups of kids danced. Some played instruments or sang. There were two comedy acts, a reading, and a demonstration of braiding hair. Saronna and I played last. The violinist said she'd only been playing a few years, which made me wonder how many years I've been playing. It comes out to about 50!

I felt a little light-headed and guess it was the dress I was wearing. I looked at table items, primarily art work. I talked to Michelle. I got lots of compliments. We walked by the dessert table and picked up some fruit. Finally people were putting up the tables and chairs, so we went home.

I changed clothes and we watched the last two episodes of Cheers season 9. Then I read e-mail, and posted to my blog, before going to bed.

* Sadly all the pics of us actually playing were fuzzy. *

No comments: