Monday, January 1, 2024

A Myst-y NYE

Sunday

I got up around 8. I went through the morning routine. I mixed up a batch of cheese squares and put them in the oven. Then I mixed up a batch of seed crackers. When the cheese squares came out, I put the seed crackers in for an hour at 275.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. We cuddled for awhile. Then he took his shower and I took mine. I read e-mail until noon, then made and ate breakfast. I got ready for church and warmed up on my trombone. I picked two hymns.

I went to the chapel with my trombone, cheese squares, and a tea ball for Jenni. I met the airfield manager and his family going in. I got my trombone put together, then placed the snack on the back table.

Michelle and Jenni came in. I gave Jenni the tea ball, and chatted with both of them. Then Pastor Chris came and we sat for the service. He spoke for a bit, then we stood to sing two praise songs. I don't think anyone knew the first one.

Pastor Chris waxed eloquent on the book of Revelation during the time of tribulation. In fact, he went past 2. Then he ended with a prayer. I had to suggest a closing hymn. I played my trombone and people sang What Child is This? Then I chatted with Jenni. But I couldn't stay long so I went back to collect the remaining snack and went home.

I quickly changed my clothes and headed to Janica's house for a quote. Jamie didn't show up. As I noted things that needed cleaning, she said they were going to clean that. I decided that they were not ready for a quote and should call me back when their cleaning was finished. We chatted for a bit and I left.

I read e-mail and ate pomegranates for hours. I sat with Chris and we made plane reservations to Costa Rica. I made a salad for supper. I put pickle juice and vinegar on the slaw from last night. I washed her container and left it to dry. I had a nice long chat with Tonja who was on her way to a party. I posted to my blog.

I poured a bottle of tea and got the other things. I drove to Michelle's house. Her kids went to the Clark's for the evening. I gave Michelle her container and some fresh cheese squares. Casey called the game up on the TV. Then we all chatted as I played the game. I solved the puzzles to going to two new places, but there was nothing to do once I got there. So around 10:30, I shut down the game and bid them goodbye.

On the way home, I stopped by the chapel and turned off the Christmas tree. Then I went home. Chris was already in bed, reading. I turned off the lights on the tower garden and got ready for sleep.

No comments: