Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A community opportunity

Monday

I got up after 8, having slept pretty well – when not afflicted by rls. I did the usual morning stuff. I started boiling the water in the pot. I read e-mail, started packing. I took apart the handle of the case that broke but could not find a way to get inside the handle.

I made and ate breakfast. I listened to a doctor and his chiropractor wife talk about a property they have in Costa Rica where they want to build a community of people to live off of the land. It sounded pretty good.

I met Michelle at the gym and we went walking in the sunshine. It was an unseasonably lovely day. I opened the back door, and let the fresh air in while I read e-mail and listened to podcasts. Later I closed it as the temp cooled off. I put salad greens in the spinner and meat in the toaster oven.

Chris came home from work. I took a shower, then told him about Costa Rica. I made a salad and ate it with the beef. He told me about the ceremony he attended this morning.

I went to the chapel at 7. Saronna and Keli were waiting. I unlocked the door and we all went in. Only two kids tonight. I pulled out the parts to the patriotic tunes. I gave the flute part to the piano player. Then we played through them, but it wasn't good 'cause we didn't have enough parts. Since some of those songs are in the hymnal, we tried playing from there and it was much better. It would have been even better if I could see the notes clearly, but the distance is wrong for the focal length of my bifocals.

At 7:45 we packed up. We were out by 8. I went home and Chris asked how it went. I jotted notes for my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of SGA while I crocheted a wash cloth out of scrubby yarn. I pulled it out several times hoping to get a more rectangular shape.

Afterward, I brushed my teeth. Chris checked e-mail one last time and went to bed. I listened to a presentation of James Corbett on how to create community. Then I went to bed.

No comments: