Saturday, January 13, 2024

Pizza and oatmeal cookies

Friday

I got up at 8:15. I went through the morning routine, but did not water the tower garden. I got dressed and went to Math Morning. I got out a bag of fabric from the storage room and looked through it for the black and white print. It was not there, but there was a bag of buttons and it had two that might go with Chris' blazer. So I kept them out. Then I started ironing some fabric that got wrinkled.

The Clarks came with their 4 kids. Three of them had math of some sort. Casey came, too. The adults started conversing and I think it distracted the kids. Randy ironed for me while I helped Sophia.

It was after 10 when we packed up and left. I went home. Chris said he wanted to go to Tooele early because a storm was coming. So I worked on the grocery list and then we left. We listening to the book on CD all the way. We shopped at Luckeys and I walked to Melanies. She and he and I had a good conversation, not having spoken last week. Then I paid and went out to meet Chris.

He drove to Macey's. We shopped, then I walked to Rue 21 which is going out of business. I bought a top for $5 as it was 70% off. Then we went home and stopped at the commissary for a few more things.

When we got home, we unpacked the groceries. He made lunch and I made breakfast. I read e-mail for some time after eating. He had requested a pizza shell, so I mixed up some yeast in water and waited for it to bloom. But the water was too cold, so I set the dish on top of my tea pot and let it heat up. I got the bread machine started.

Then I used two brown bananas to make banana oatmeal cookies. I threw in some walnuts and cranberries. I rolled out the pizza dough on the pizza stone. He put on the toppings and slid it in the oven. The cookies baked at the same time, although it took two batches to use all the batter. He ate a slice of pizza and so did I. The crust was perfect. Then I got tired of sitting at my laptop. I went through my solid fabrics and organized them. Then I worked on my blog in preparation for game night.

When I got to Michelle's house, I realized I had forgotten the bottle of tea I had prepared. I gave her cheese squares and two cookies. She ate them, and then made me some tea with chamomile essential oil. I played the game, figuring out on my own everything that I had hints for. When I finally ran into trouble, I had no hints for that.

It was a little after 11 when I saved the game at a decision point. But we kept talking until 11:45 and then I went home.

No comments: