Monday, January 22, 2024

No gaming today

Sunday

I got up at 8. I took all the morning supplements. I read e-mail for awhile, then I parsed out supplements for the week. I made a batch of seed crackers and Chris hard-boiled some eggs. He told me he was going to chapel today instead of gaming.

I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed and took a container of cheese squares from the fridge. Chris carried my trombone to the car. He drove us to the chapel. When we got inside, I set the container on the back table. I went up front to assemble my trombone.

Chris greeted a man sitting on the front row with a little girl. Apparently Chris had told him there would be children for his daughter to play with. But most kids didn't come today, probably with colds.

We sang two praise songs. Then the chaplain read verses in the old testament about different sets of people repairing the walls of Jerusalem. It was about as interesting as reading the 'begats'. When the sermon was over, I played Victory in Jesus and it went so well that the chaplain asked for the 3rd verse, and I didn't play a second hymn.

Afterward, people chatted and snacked. Michelle introduced us to a couple from some religious affairs committee. I packed up my trombone and we headed out.

When we got home, I combined all the cheese squares into one container. I ate some fruit and nuts. I read e-mail and listened to some interviews. I watched a film made by two brothers who followed the immigrant trail from Equador to the U.S. Border. That showed how bad the trip is and how dangerous.

I heated up the last of the beef heart, then worked on my blog. I posted an announcement for band tomorrow. I made tea and we watched two episodes of StargateA. I held the red light to my head most of the time, hoping to influence the itchy spot.

Afterward, I brushed my teeth and read e-mail for awhile. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to take two anti-parasite capsules, then went to bed.

No comments: