Sunday, January 7, 2024

New: afternoon AND evening sewing class

Saturday

I got up around 8:40. I went through the morning rituals. I got dressed and went to the company house to get the laundry started. I put clean sheets on the one bed that had been slept in, and went home.

I talked to Chris about the clothing problem at the swap shop. He said to do all options. He suggested people I could ask to be the coordinator, but I hate asking people to do something I wouldn't want to do.

After checking messages, I went back to the company house to throw the sheets in the dryer. When I got back, Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. Then we both took showers. I got dressed and made breakfast. As I ate, I looked at videos explaining the parts of the new world of Myst that I had been through, right up to the garden.

Chris moved my sewing machine to my trunk. I got the fabric and class sample in the back seat. I changed my shoes, then went to the chapel. Chris helped me carry stuff inside, then he left. I realized I needed a longer cutting mat, so I went home and grabbed one and came back.

I set up two machines and two ironing stations and two cutting stations. Then I sat at one machine to work on some stack-n-whack blocks. Isadora came in with Electra. I got her started on a carrying strap. Then Jessa, the yoga instructor, arrived. She came more to find people interested in yoga than to make a strap, although I think she did cut a piece of fabric. Lastly, Jenni came, with two pairs of pants to hem.

Jenni spent so much time talking that she only got one pair of pants hemmed. Then, with 25 minutes left, she started on the carrying strap. Isadora told her how to do it. But I caught her laying the fabric on the ruler and cutting into it. Sigh. I laid the fabric on the mat and cut it myself. Then she worked on ironing it in half lengthwise. I worked on the stack-n-whack hexagons.

At 4:10, I called time because I still had to clean a house. Jenni left her stuff there, promising to come back to the evening class to finish. I left all the class stuff there for the same reason.

I went home to get my bucket of cleaning supplies, then to the company house. I emptied the dryer, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, and spot-mopped the floor. Then I went to 91b to check the water lines. I took the last of my cleaning stuff out and mopped my way to the front door.

It was after 5 till I got home. I helped Chris fold laundry. I jotted down my cleaning times. I made notes for my blog. I ate supper and read e-mail. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Stargate Atlantis. Then he went to bed and I stayed up a little later.

No comments: