Friday, January 19, 2024

Talent show

Thursday

I got up around 7:30. I was sore from yesterday. I went through the morning routine. I fertilized the plants and pulled dead stuff from the tower garden. I sat down at my laptop to pick a sewing project. I put on an interview with a monk about doings in the Catholic church.

I went through dozens of potential sewing class projects. I went online and downloaded some more. I cropped over 100 photos and made folders for most of the projects. I selected the knot bag, although that name is given to a bag without a knot in it. Anyway, I got out some fabric and guessed the measurements. I cut and tied a knot, then sewed the ends. It was obviously too small. So I opened the ends and added part of a 2.5 inch strip to both, then resewed it. It was marginally acceptable, so I took pictures of it.

But I noticed it was after noon. I put on The Highwire and made breakfast. I ate while watching. It was mostly about John Beaudoin Sr. examining death records in Massachusetts which revealed fraud in death-reporting and vaccine safety. Chris came home for lunch and stayed for an hour. The hub connected to my computer fell off its stand and I put it back up, not realizing that the cord disconnected from my laptop.

When the show was over, I posted about the sewing class to both Facebook pages. Then I posted about Math Morning tomorrow. I got up to warm up on trombone. When I came back, my screen was black and unresponsive. I discovered the disconnect and plugged it in. I went back to playing trombone and trying to decide which trombone to take to the talent show. In the end, I decided to take the cheaper one just in case kids are running around. I went to see Revonna and pick up a key for an extra room for the swap shop. We talked for awhile, then I went to the swap shop to give the key to Jenni. We opened the door and moved some furniture in. But the floor was dirty so I made a mental note to mop it sometime.

Finally I had to go home and change into black and white. I played my trombone one last time, then took it, the music, trombone stand and stand light to the community club.

When I got there, I went to the table where Keli and Saronna were. We chatted a bit and then I walked over to Camille and talked with her until the program started. Then I unpacked my trombone and set it on its stand.

Marah sang first, kareoke style. Then Saronna read a Dr. Seuss book about a fox with socks. Then Charity sang. Afterward, Dylan played the marimba. Jenni said a short poem. Then Keli, Saronna and I played the Hallujah Chorus. Keli stayed to play Colors of the Wind, and a lady I never met sang a song.

That was the end of the talent show. Judges made their selection and prizes were handed out. We got a participation prize of a 10% off coupon. I helped Chris carry the electric piano to the side door. I packed up my trombone and stand. A girl packed up the light. I sat and talked to others at my table while Kareoke night commenced. Some were good, the kids – not so much. Eventually a guy sang a song with unintelligible words.

As Chris and I were walking out, we saw Casey. He said Cedric was going to sing a song. I was tempted to stay, but wanted supper. So we went home. Chris helped me carry my stuff in the house, then I drove to Keli's RV to get the chapel key back for tomorrow.

I changed my clothes and ate the last two pomegranates. I read e-mail and Telegram messages. I worked on my blog. I checked Facebook for responses to my class posts. I made tea and we watched two episodes of season 2. Chris went to bed and I stayed up.

No comments: