Saturday, January 6, 2024

A swap shop without clothing?

Friday

I got up around 8. It was snowing. Chris had been gone for hours, gaming at the ACS center. I did the morning protocol and turned the tower garden 90 degrees. I brushed my teeth and got dressed. Chris came back from gaming and said it went well.

I listened to a podcast which ended at 8:55, at which point I suddenly remembered I was supposed to be at the chapel for Math Morning at 9. So I sprayed my windshield with alcohol, then grabbed my pile of newly washed fabric and an iron. I drove to the chapel. I saw Summer walk by with her kids. She was going to mind the swap shop from 9 to 12.

I unlocked the chapel and set up an ironing station in the fellowship hall. I figured no one was coming and I was right. I got my entire pile of fabric ironed and ready to be filed by color in my stash. I also got texts from the swap shop minders about too much clothing and should we stop accepting clothes. I voted for advertising for someone with time and interest in sorting the items and hanging them. She suggested a group event to catch up.

When I got home, I put the fabric in my sewing room. I parsed out a week's worth of supplements. At noon, I started breakfast. Chris came back from the office. I ate and read e-mail. Chris took a shower. When my video ended, we went to the commissary for food. It was snowing and he did not want to risk going to Tooele.

When we got back, he put the food away. I took pics of game hints for tonight. I read e-mail for a while, then quit. I re-dressed my coathanger christmas trees and sewed yellow felt stars for the tops. I made a project sample – a yoga mat carrying strap. I emptied some of my project bags. I worked on the rug project, although I don't know why. Don't really need another rug. It was just a sample to get others started.

Chris came back to tell me that supper was ready. So I put it down and went to the kitchen where he had beef, mushrooms, and rice. I helped my self to that, then made a salad. I watched some video clips, then worked on my blog. I filled a bottle with tea and took the 8pm supplements. I grabbed the water container and some seed crackers and went to game night.

When I got there, Casey was watching a movie with Isodora. He paused it and called up Myst IV. I loaded the last game. Michelle came out and sent Isodora to bed. As I played, we talked about the swap shop needing help with clothing and she suggested it could be a service project.

The game went well. I 'lnked' to a new world. I figured most things out on my own, but got stuck on a control panel where nothing I clicked on or tried to move had any effect. I read through my hints, but none of them were for that panel.

Casey filled the water container and took it out to my car. I shut down the game. I remembered the vial of black pepper oil and handed it to Michelle but she had already gotten one in the mail. She invited me to try a dose of the anti-inflammatory essential oil recipe that she had and I agreed. She put drops of 6 oils in a glass and added water. I swirled it and drank it down. Woah!

After more conversation, I headed home. I carried the water bottle inside and stirred it. I turned off the router and all the lights. Then I went through the bedtime rituals and joined Chris in bed. I had a hard time getting to sleep and wondered if it was the oils.

No comments: