Saturday, January 13, 2024

Pi = pretty interesting

Thursday

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Pi and how it is non-repeating and non-terminating. That means every combination of numbers is somewhere in the digit sequence. Like my phone number, cc number, SSN, bank account, etc. I wondered how far in the sequence I would have to go to find my phone number. I wonder if the person with the first 10 numbers realizes it. Area code 141? Or 314?

I got up at 8, Chris was home because the base is closed due to snow. I took supplements and turned the tower garden. Joanns had a sale on rolling totes, finally bringing the price to within my range. So I ordered one plus some yarn. I like crocheting in front of the TV. Chris unravels the yarn for me so I don't have to stop every so often to pull some out.

I put on the Kaatsu bands and wore them while I practiced trombone and worked on transcribing some musical phrases for the song.

I put on The Highwire and made breakfast. I listened as I ate. He interviewed the author of The Indoctrinated Mind. He explained how the hippocampus works and how the non-stop narrative of fear in the news affects it, especially if the person listens to the news just before they go to bed.

I downloaded sheet music to a thumb drive, then met Jenni at the swap shop. We talked about putting out winter clothing and giving summer clothing to the thrift shop in town. I gave her the key to the bathroom. I took a pic of some chairs. I went home and posted them on the community pages. Then I took stuff into the garage to fill the TV box.

I heard the doorbell. It was Jamie and she was so excited about her trip tomorrow. I gave her her share of the cleaning money. Chris came back from wherever he had gone. She and I talked on the porch for some time, and then she hugged me and left.

Chris was fixing supper. I jotted notes for my blog. Saronna called me back. I ate supper and made a salad using the last of the greens. I read e-mail, and watched a video on the problems with the covid shot, including using it during a pandemic. That produces vaccine-resistant strains.

I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched TV. Chris unraveled the yarn as I crocheted. After the show, he went to bed. I stayed up later as usual, but forgot to take the evening doses and did not sleep well.

No comments: