Tuesday, January 23, 2024

First band night for the year

Monday

I got up before 7:30. I had heard Reveille, but not Chris' shower. However, his towel was wet so I must have fallen back asleep. It was still dark and I looked for things I could do without turning on the lights. Now that they are LED's, it is just too bright.

I took my supplements and brushed my teeth. I threw the soaked white shirts in the wash. I ironed a piece of blue quilt backing. It was tough to do on a wool pad. I cut some muslin to make a pocket for one of my sling bags. I started whipstitching it in place, then watered the tower garden and all the other plants. I washed out the carrot garden containers and refilled them. The shirts did not come out white, so I washed them again with a little bleach.

I did more whipstitching, then went to the swap shop to meet Michelle. She wasn't there yet, so I picked up the mail and then started sweeping the shop. When I saw her standing outside, I went out and we entered the new room together. We sat and talked about possibilities for the room, and her work situation. From where I was sitting, I could see Chris come into the post office. I waved at him energetically, but apparently he could not see me.

I went home. I made and ate breakfast and read e-mail. I was expecting Mery to text at 5, but she didn't. So I drove down to the shop and unlocked the room again so she could get the boxes of glasses. Then I came home and finished listening to an interview on the pipebombs from January 6th. I looked online for flute and trumpet parts to music that I had trombone parts for. Mostly it wasn't possible to get them in the right arrangement and/or the right key. Sigh.

I put greens in the salad spinner to wash them. I pulled out a jar of pickled green thing and opened it. It started to erupt. I held on tight, letting the fizz out slowly, but the green slaw wanted to come out too. It was even funnier that suddenly I had to pee. When enough pressure had been released, I set it down and went to the bathroom. Then I scooped the mash out of the jar in small batches and put them through the Magic Bullet to get rid of the tough pieces. It turned out rather well.

Chris came home from work and started broiling steaks. He opened the other jar for me. It was not under pressure. Hmm. I blended it up too. I made my salad and used the pickled mash as salad dressing. I worked on my blog.

I went to the chapel with my trombone at 7. I turned on the lights and set up stands and grabbed some music books. Saronna came with her bass and her kids. No one else came so she and Sophia and I played through some pieces that I didn't have all the parts for.

When we were done, I counted to 20 for the littlest kids to pick up their toys and put them away. Then we all went home. I made tea and we watched two episodes of StargateA. While watching, I sewed on the pocket and ran out of thread. Afterward, I went to my sewing room for more thread and finished the job. I put the contents back in and hung it by my coat.

Chris went to bed but I stayed up to read. I got to bed later than usual and had a hard time getting to sleep.

No comments: