Monday, January 8, 2024

"It don't mean a thing" - or maybe it does

Sunday

I got up around 8:30, not having slept well. It had snowed overnight and was still snowing. The chaplain called Chris to ask if it was appropriate to cancel church.

I made a container of breakfast mix for the week. I read e-mail for awhile. Then I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed in pants and boots because of the snow.

I drove to the chapel and talked to the chaplain until people arrived. Then we sang and had the service. I played the hymn I had picked and one that the chaplain had picked. He said a prayer and it was over. I talked to John M. who will soon be a dad. After a long chat, it was almost 3 till we left.

I went home and changed clothes. I read e-mail and texted Michelle to bring Isadora over to pick out a pattern. Chris ran the dishwasher. Later she and Isadora came over to choose a pattern. They left by 5 so Chris and I could play the family DandD game, but John canceled because he had a migraine.

I soaked a new shower filter and Chris changed it out for the old one. I listened to part of the healing genesis series. I got bored and decided to work on my sewing room. I went through my class materials bag. I sorted some of the stuff on the top of my sewing table.

I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of Stargate Atlantis. I practiced “It don't mean a thing”, then went to my laptop to listen to other versions of it, wishing I had a score and wondering if we need a singer. Chris was asleep when I went to bed and the tune haunted me all night.

No comments: