Friday, August 16, 2024

Choosing just the right project

Thursday

I got up around 8 and got ready for the day. I went over to 83D thinking I could move the garbage from the water-filled bins to dry bins, then I could empty the ones with water. However, when I got there, someone had rolled them both to the curb.

So I went to the garden and checked irrigation systems. All were working. I went home to water. I flushed some gopher holes. Most of the mounds did not seem to be covering a hole. I also poured some citrus rind water down the holes that I found.

I went to 83D to clean. I ended up mopping the floors, but leaving the bathroom for Jamie. Then I went home to fix breakfast. I ate while watching The Highwire. Then I laid out in the sun for a bit. I came in and read messages. I made a wrist rest as a sample project for sewing class this week. I jotted notes for my blog.

The wrist rest seemed too easy considering that Saronna's kids were not coming. So I looked through my sewing folders and decided to do a casserole cover; something kids might not be interested in. Then I had to choose fabric – something I like but have no other use for. It didn't quite work out that way, but close. I cut enough for both the lengthwise piece and the crosswise piece, but then discovered that I had the dimensions wrong for the crosswise piece. I sewed around the three layers for the lengthwise piece, then decided I had run out of time. So I posted the class announcement to the Facebook pages using an online pic.

John started texting me about filling out my character sheet. I read messages and articles from e-mail. I ate some steak and a salad. I went out to mow the shady side of the yard. I saw Chris come home. He was late because of his meeting in Tooele.

I put the mower away and plugged in the battery to charge. I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched two episodes of WTR. Chris went to bed. I got ready for bed, read a message or two, then crawled in next to him for an ok night of sleep.



Fern

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die leaving undone.
Pablo Picasso

No comments: