Thursday, August 1, 2024

Trading services

Wednesday

I planned to sleep in, but realized I was awake before 7, though I did not get up until after 7. I got dressed and jotted notes about last night for my blog. I put water on the stove to make coffee. I went out to water the plants. Then I started coffee morning exercises. After the meditation and tapping, etc, I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen. I washed some dishes and put others in the dishwasher and ran it.

I took a shower and went to apt 203 for a quote. He was waiting in the hall for me. I looked around his apt and it was pretty clean and familiar. He had only been there 3 months and we had cleaned it just before that. When Jamie came, she looked around, then we conversed in the hall and quoted him $200 due to the tub condition. He agreed and we talked about the procedure on signing day.

Afterward, Jamie and I met at 645. We walked through the house looking for any spots we missed. And we found a few. We stayed until the inspectors showed up. They seemed pleased at the condition of the house. Jamie signed the papers while I chatted with Collie. She and I talked about my lawn, then we went home.

I stopped to check the irrigation on the fruit trees. I went by the garden to check that as well. The water to my plot was turned off. Huh. But it wasn't leaking. I pulled some weeds, then went to the post office for the mail, and finally home.

I read a book outside, then came in and fell asleep. When I woke up, I read the rest of the book – Brave New World. I went outside to rake. Kyle came by with a uniform that needed a new patch sewn on it. I showed him the tire on the riding mower that needed fixing. He removed it and took it with him. I went in my sewing room. I removed the old patch. I took off the velcro on the back of the new one and sewed it in place of the old one. I messaged his wife that it was done. He came by to pick it up.

I went back to listening to a podcast, then heard Jamie mowing the lawn. So I ran out to turn the sprinkler off and removed the gopher stake. I went back to listening. I made and ate a carrot salad. She texted me that she had run out of gas and gone home.

When the podcast on genocide in Gaza was over, I worked on my blog. Then I watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. It was after 11, so I went to bed.

No comments: