Friday, August 9, 2013

Basted!

I kept falling back asleep this morning, not wanting to get up. But when I did, it was only 8:30. Chris had left earlier to take his car for maintenance. I read e-mail and exercised. He came back before I had breakfast. After breakfast, I got out the lawn mower. I mowed inside the fenced area so I could lay in the sun. But the sun was fickle today. Then I mowed in the front yard. I was going to mow until the battery ran down, but I got hot and dehydrated first. When I came in for water, Chris was watching the second Tron movie. I drank two glasses of water and took a cold shower. Then I started preparing for FMQ class tomorrow. I had my list of things and put them in a bag. The fabric I chose for the backing needed trimming and ironing. While I was ironing I realized that it was past time to leave to pick up Alec. I jumped in the car and drove over there, arriving just in time. I took him home. He was in a great mood. He wanted to watch a Diego movie. This movie prompted interactions from the kids that watch it. We had a good time. It must have been scratched because it froze about 5pm. I skipped ahead to the next episode. His mom came home at 5:30 and he ran to greet her. She paid me and we talked for awhile until we got the carseat out of my car and her son decided to strip on the front lawn. It was my cue to leave. When I got home, Chris was waiting for his burrito to cool. I grabbed some supper, too – meatloaf and acorn squash. And olives. I read the latest e-mail, then put on an audio and went into the basement to finish the list. I forgot all about mowing again. I went through my batting pieces to find 3 good sized ones that I could sew together to make enough for the top. With all three pieces assembled, I laid them out on the pingpong table. I sprayglued the batting to the top, and then the backing to the batting. I whip-stitched all around. Then Chris came down and we watched two episodes of Chuck before going to bed.
* This is a pic from Monday.  This device holds a ruler steady during the cutting process.  I tried to find one on the internet and was amazed how expensive they are.  * 

No comments: