Saturday, August 17, 2013

Roman stripe

It was after 8 when I got up. I have been going to bed early, like at 9, so I don't know why I have been waking up so late. I read the usual e-mail, did my exercises and ate breakfast. I sewed the boxing strip to the top of the last of the kneelers.  (It's like the Last of the Mohicans, only more sew.  Ha, ha.)  I checked the corners and re-did them all. The foot pedal was getting hot, so I stopped there for a break. I ate some lunch. I edge-stitched the seam I had just sewn on another machine. I walked out to the mailbox and found it had ants. I put some Terro on a piece of cardboard to put in the mailbox, but the box was not level and the Terro ran off. A trumpet vine had grown all around the mailbox and I figured this had contributed to the ants. So I cut it back and ripped its clutching vines from the box. A powdery smoke went up and suddenly there were ants everywhere, even on me. I brushed them off frantically, just in case they were fire ants. I left the box alone after that. I picked two tomatoes which were not quite ripe. I wanted to mow, but it had rained and the grass was quite wet. I put the fabric from Tuesday night into the washer. I sewed the bottom of the kneeler onto the rest. The corners looked good, so I took it downstairs to finish. The fabric in the washer went into the dryer. I edge-stitched the remaining seam. Then forced the foam into the cover and zipped it up. The dryer was done, so I pulled out the fabric and ironed it all. There was quite a bit of the roman stripe, so I wound it on a cardboard bolt.  I took an hour and a half to rip out two rows of stretch-stitching on my shorts (not as simple as it looks) and insert some half-inch elastic so I won't have to pull them up every 5 minutes.  I have been meaning to do it for a long time, but other things kept coming  up.   I listened to more audios and played solitaire. I ate supper. I cleaned up the clutter on the diningroom table. I pulled out the red vacuum but it was set too high and I could not adjust it. So I got out the blue one. I emptied its cup. It did well on the floors but not so well on the carpets. I put another CD from the book into my laptop and set it to play loudly while I sat in the recliner in the den, beside the salt lamp. One chapter into the CD I realized I had not written my blog yet and stopped to take care of that before finishing the CD.

No comments: