Sunday, August 11, 2013

FMQ = free-motion quilting

I woke up about 8:20. I wasn't sure if the FMQ class started at 9 or 10. I tried to look it up on Facebook, but Facebook wasn't cooperating. So I called Deb and she said 10, and asked for a circle ruler if I had one. I fixed breakfast, glanced at my e-mail, and packed up the sewing supplies needed. I boiled a dozen eggs so I could have one for lunch. I took seaweed and the nut cheese. I arrived right at 10, driving in the back way. The door was locked, but Jan came through and let me in. Deb was alone since both Deb and Amber had gone home to get something they forgot. We chatted until they returned. Deb instructed us to create a few quilt sandwiches for practicing. I made three. Then she had us draw curlycues on the whiteboard. Mine kept coming out in lines. She didn't want that and erased it. Then we moved on to l's and e's. When lunch arrived, we stopped for that. Later we quilted our sandwiches. I did ok, not knowing before I started sewing what was going to result. I quilted 3 and assembled a 4th. I noticed others packing up to leave, so I did too. It was very cold in there. I got home just about 5. Chris was eating and waiting for his game to start. I unpacked my box, and had some supper. I picked a pepper and some dandelion. I spent the evening listening to audios and working killer Sudoku puzzles.

No comments: