Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mowing and babysitting

I woke up this morning with the feeling that something was terribly wrong. Every woman over the age of puberty knows the feeling. Sometimes the feeling is wrong, but I found out later that I was right. I went back to bed. I don't know when I got up, but it was a pretty average morning. It was sunny, too. After breakfast I mowed the lawn. It was slow-going as I mowed forward 2 feet and back 1. The grass was tall and wet. Yet I persisted until all of the grass was … less tall. As I mowed, I thought about what part to mow after supper. Silly me. I cleaned up from mowing, and ate lunch. I re-juiced the mash from yesterday.  I read some e-mail, cleaned the spots on the quilt, blanket and sheets. Then I got dressed and went to pick up Alec. It rained in torrents. Visibility was very low. But I made it to the daycare to pick him up. I took him home, and let him pick one thing out of my bag to play with. He chose a deck of cards. They had words on them and he could not read them. So he decided to play hide-and-seek. We had a blanket fight and I tapped on his bear. I showed him another deck of cards with colors and shapes on them. He did great at that. He built a nest of blankets and laid down for awhile. Then he was up again and ready to play. His mother came home early. We chatted for a bit and then I went home. I had a headache. I wonder if it is from the tooth. The dentist warned me that it would hurt, but it doesn't. Well, brushing hurt, but I learn quickly when pain is involved. For some reason the gum is sore.   the worst part is the frustration.  My tongue is constantly telling me "There is something on that tooth and I can get it off." 
Anyway, Chris baked fish for supper. I read e-mail and listened to an audio and worked a number puzzle (the kind where no numbers are entered). We watched several episodes of Chuck and Chris went to bed. He is not working tomorrow, but getting up early to get his car serviced.
*  This is the other old quilt top that I dug up  *

No comments: