Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Make hay while the sun shines

I woke up early, but went back to bed after drinking a glass of water. I did some inner work on s few things that are bothering me. Also, brainstormed parament ideas. It was almost 10 when I resumed my usual activities. I folded two baskets of laundry and stacked the dishwasher. After breakfast, I noted that the sun was shining most of the time. I found a few minutes to lay out and work on my tan. It was a good time to mow the lawn. It had rained last night, but the grass seemed fairly dry in the sunny areas. I mowed in the back and the top part of the side yard. The mower kept overheating. That gave me a chance to trim the right side of the driveway. With all the clumps of grass clippings in the yard, it looks like I am making hay. When those wet clumps become icky, its like silage, hence the title of this post. I put the mower away, and cleared a few e-mails. I thought about going to the farmer's market at 3, but all I need are tomatoes, and it seemed too far for just that. Then I loaded one of the book CD's and researched religious symbols for the parament project. Chris came home while I was listening to a second one. He fixed himself supper. I played a third one, sketching as I listened. But I ran out of inspirational images. The doorbell rang, and it was the delivery man with my latest supplement order. Then I practiced my trombone briefly before taking the lawn mower for another spin. I finished the side yard and did about half of the front. Chris went to the grocery store. After the mower was put away, I started working on Barbara's quilt. I heard Chris come home and put groceries away. Each block has a 9-patch based design. I quilted about 3 of them before Chris was ready to watch TV. Even with a 200 watt light bulb, I had trouble seeing the stitches. We watched 2 episodes and more or less, went to bed.
*  This is Carolyn's quilt, taken yesterday  *

No comments: