Thursday, August 1, 2013

Superheroes don't like bubbles

Chris went to work later than usual, on purpose. I read e-mail until he left. I took a break to organize the recyclables, then read a little more e-mail. I went downstairs to cut boxing strips and make a zipper for the next one, hoping to do a better job while the memory of the last one was still fresh in my mind. I cut the top and bottom for kneeler #5. Then I put the pieces in the guest room where Grandma's machine is. Breakfast, e-mail? Cecelia called 1, right after sunbathing.
Chris came home early. He had been shopping. In addition to food, he brought home an immersion blender. I watched a tapping video and then resumed work on the kneeler. I made more piping, and then it was time to go. I drove to the daycare to pick up Alec. When we got to his house, I suggested that we blow bubbles, but he said the super heroes don't like bubbles.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a superhero blow bubbles, so maybe he's right.  He played with his action figures and I brought in a coloring book that I got at the beach. It had Mother Goose rhymes in it. Several times he stopped to help me color. I brought in the package of magnetic letters, only to find out that all the magnets were missing. I realized that the package did not actually contain the word 'magnetic'. I still felt gyped. Around 5 he was ready to blow bubbles. I got them out of the car, but the bubble juice did not work well. I added the contents of a small shampoo bottle that I got from the hotel. It helped, but still not the result I was hoping for. He got tired of it and wanted to play in the back yard. We did that until I found poison ivy back there. We played with his sandbox until his mother arrived. I left there about 6:30. When I got home, I ate leftovers. Chris started gaming with the voices, which I did not expect. So I sewed. I attached the piping to both the top and bottom pieces. I sewed the boxing parts to the zipper part. Then the sides to the top and bottom. I had to re-do some of the corners. I realized that that pain in my chest was a pulled muscle from shoving so many layers of fabric under the needle. I held a package of frozen fruit on it while checking e-mail.  Then I read the latest quilt magazine while Chris finished his game.  Then we went to bed.
*  This is a pic of me that Becca took at the beach and posted on Facebook.  *


No comments: