Wednesday, August 14, 2013

When the cat's away, the mice will ... mow?

When I woke up, Chris was having breakfast and not happy with Google. I read some e-mail.  Chris asked me for cash and I gave it to him and went back to bed. He left before 8. I got up because I was hungry but tried to put off eating. I made up a week's worth of supplements. Having the bottles labeled for the days of the week really helps me figure out if I have taken them each day. Also made breakfast to see what else I need from Swansons. I exercised and cleared e-mail. I finished the Swansons order after breakfast. I was surprised how small it was. I sewed panels together to get fabric large enough for the last kneeler. I printed out a registration form and a membership form for the big quilt group. I laid out in the sun for 20 minutes. I went back and forth between the laptop and the desktop trying to get to pages on Facebook for the quilt group. I had to restart them both. I mowed in the back yard and the side yard. The mower quit 4 or 5 times. While I waited for it to start again, I picked 2 small tomatoes and a pepper. After putting the mower away, I came in to cool off. I cut the kneeler fabric to fit the last kneeler. I also zigzagged the edges of the seam. I printed a quilt pic to go with the quilt registration. One quilt is a group quilt and the rules claim everyones name has to be on the registration form. So I spent over an hour reading my blog posts from Korea trying to find the names of everyone in the block swap. It did not work as well as I had hoped. I made a salad for supper with a turkey burger. As I read my blog, I watched the man next door mow part of our lawn. I sent him blessings and good thoughts. At 7:15 I got out the mower and finished the side yard and re-did part of the front. It got dark. I cleared out a few more e-mails and did two killer puzzles. Now I am posting to my blog and hope to listen to one CD of a book while I go to sleep.
*  this quilt is from show-n-tell yesterday  *

No comments: