Friday, August 16, 2013

When the cat is away, the mice will ... sew

I did not exercise this morning. My back was in an iffy condition. I read e-mail, listened to audios, and wore a bag of frozen peas on my back. I ate breakfast at the usual time. I put away all the quilts in livingroom that I had gotten out yesterday to make my selections for the show. I sewed piping to the top and bottom pieces of the kneeler. I went to my bank to deposit a check, then to another bank to cash one that I wasn't sure would go through. When I got back, I sewed the boxing strip for the kneeler and assembled the zipper section while listening to another audio. I ate a turkey burger for lunch. It looked like rain, so I ran out to mow. I mowed under the magnolia tree and I mowed in the back yard. I had just finished the back yard, but was able to mow it shorter. The mower kept stalling. I think that is because of the clumps of grass clippings. Then I noticed that the handle was loose. I took it back to the garage and tried to take it apart, but did not have a star driver. So I made a mental note to call Charlie and turned my attention to clipping bushes and flowers. I was carrying a bundle of clippings to the yardwaste pile, when a ball flew over the fence from next door. The kids came over to get it. I talked to Craig, the father of one of them. When I mentioned that the mower handle was broken, he told me to bring it over. He had a star driver and took the housing apart. He pulled out the broken piece and arc-welded it together. I learned a lot by watching. He also gave me two peppers, both red, but very different shapes. I thanked him and put the mower away. After carrying off the rest of the clippings I went inside for supper. I made a large salad for late supper and finished listening to audio started earlier. Faye e-mailed me a pic of William from his birthday party. So I called to wish him a happy birthday (can't believe he's 47). Then I wrote to my blog, anticipating a leisurely evening listening to a book on CD and going to bed.

No comments: