Friday, August 16, 2013

When the cat's away, the mice will ... show?

When I woke up this morning at 5:30, I could hear rustling near the headboard. I snuggled lower in the bed and went back to sleep. Later I got up for good. I found the roach in my shoe, so I took the shoe to the door to evict the roach. But I was not dressed, so I just threw the shoe out. I got dressed, retrieved my shoe (now empty) and took out the recycling. I read e-mail, listened to an audio, and exercised. I ate breakfast, I read that extroverts need more stimulation, and introverts need less and may avoid social situations which are overstimulating. I worked on gathering entry info for three quilts for the quilt show in October. I printed and filled out forms and took and printed photos. I filled a dish with dates and covered it with plastic wrap. I finished mowing the front lawn and mowed the part inside the fence. I took a shower, and had a bite to eat. Yesterday I put quinoa in a jar to soak. Today I rinsed and cooked the quinoa. I went through a box of old sheets in the basement, looking for some that would be appropriate for the quilt show. I wrote my name on two slips of fabric and sewed them to the sheets. Jeanette came by at 5 to pick up a copy of the purse pattern. I had it ready. I hunted my nametag and found it hanging in the closet. I brushed my teeth, and drove to church for quilt guild meeting. I was thinking that so many things were going on at this meeting that I felt overwhelmed. I turned in my quilt show entries, and then the membership registration with a check. I got my picture taken with the raffle quilt and for the membership directory. Jody asked me to sit with them, so I did. There wasn't much to do but talk until the meal started. Door prizes were awarded. When Debbie arrived, I brought the two labeled sheets to her. But she only wanted donated sheets. The tables were set in a large square, leaving the center of the room empty. Covered dishes were set on the tables. When it was time to eat, we all stood up and prayed. Then we moved in two clockwise circles: one on the inside and one on the outside. We filled our plates as we walked along. When we got back to our seat, we sat. It was an interesting way to do it. Desserts were on a separate table in the back. After the meal, we had a short business meeting, regular show-and-tell, round row robin show-and-tell, and speeches from the outgoing and incoming new presidents. The outgoing board presented a quilt to the outgoing president. It was beautiful. Then a group of square dancers did a presentation of two songs. Then they turned to us and each one picked a partner from the crowd. I kinda volunteered. It was fun and really nice to dance with a man who likes dancing. Then the meeting broke up and we all went home. The house was dark and I could not get my key in the lock. Fortunately for me, I know another way. I put the dates away (mostly untouched). I rinsed and put away the quinoa that was still on the stove. I killed a roach and went to bed.  I played another CD from the book to help me relax and go to sleep.

No comments: