Monday, August 26, 2013

Exchanged for 2 twenties

Chris woke me up at 8. I read some e-mail, practiced my trombone, fixed a bowl of breakfast up to the coconut oil stage, packed my lunch, exercised, and threw the old camera into my bag. Chris ate breakfast, showered and packed a few last minute things, like his laptop. Then we looked up the address for the airport. Leaving around 9, Chris drove us down 565 to the airport. We had the GPS, but it wasn't showing the best way, or even the usual way to get there. He stopped in front of the airport and got out, unloading his baggage. We kissed goodbye and I teared up.  He is going to Korea to spend a week with Michele and her roomate (and see her graduation ceremony).  It's like he exchanged a 50 (me) for two twenties (them).  Ha, ha.  
As I drove away, so did the car in front of me, so I followed it out of the airport property. I found my way down 565 to the Bob Wallace exit. But first it exited at the Space and Rocket Center so I had to turn around and go up to the next intersection. When I got home it was just after 9 30. I tested a lot of batteries for the old camera. Some tested ok, but the camera rejected them. I had to get out two new ones. I read e-mail and finished my exercises. I finished making breakfast and ate it. I made notes for my blog and realized it was almost 11. I quickly brushed my teeth and ran for the car. When I got there, I apologized for being late, but according to their clock, I wasn't. A woman named Jaime cleaned my teeth. I asked about the water and she told me they use only distilled water. I sat in the waiting room for over half an hour. I read my book and did some of the meditation/healing exercises. Then I was called back to get my crown. She snapped the temp crown off, and the new one on. It fit tightly and I was ready to leave. But no, they took it off, shaved it down, re-glazed it, and fit it again. It was too high in one spot so she sanded that off. Then I was free to go, after paying of course. All told it was about 3 hours. I went home to get my sewing things and lunch. I went to the regular quilting meeting. I ate lunch first and then I was prepared to work on the brown and orange batik, but Roberta had costumes to make so several of us did that. When we finished those (red and white aprons), I ripped out pieces of the quilt top that I intended to replace. I replaced them. But, I did not have fabric to suit me for the rest, so I packed up and went home. It was after 5:30. I ate some of the beef for supper, but it got stuck in my teeth. I also had a salad. I got the mail and brought back the garbage can. Then I mowed the front lawn. I was amazed how much I got done since the grass was dry and not too tall. Then I raked up the clippings from the other day. I found an almost ripe tomato and decided it was too dark to do anything else outside. I went inside and read e-mail. I tried listening to an audio, but it was boring. The book on Cd sounded much better. I decided to post to my blog early, and then listen to one or two CD's and go to bed.
* I did not take any pics today since the people who had quilts to show left before I arrived, so, here is another one of my new rulers  *

No comments: