Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fermented Nut Cheese

The alarm went off at 8:30 but we didn't get up until 9.  I fixed breakfast and checked on my fermented nut cheese.  I stirred in salt, garlic and lemon juice.  It might have looked a little like goat cheese, but it did not taste like it.  There was a meeting between services at church but we did not make it. We got there just in time for the second service. After the service, I talked to Cecelia about the kneelers. Then I talked to the new intern and her husband. Chris joined it. Before long, we seemed to be the only people left. Except for pastor. Finally we left for home. We changed clothes and went to the grocery store. Then we put away the groceries and had a bite to eat. I was going to go to Renegades, a quilting group for Linus project. But the pulled muscle in my chest said no. Still, one of the ladies found a great deal on fabric for the group and was asking for donations to cover it. So Chris drove me over and I gave her $20 towards the $100 needed. I chatted for a bit and then we went home. I read e-mail with a bag of frozen peas on my chest. Then I mowed the rest of the front lawn. It went faster since the grass was not so wet. The man next door stopped to talk which gave me a rest. Then I just barely finished as the lawn mower petered out. I plugged in the mower to recharge and came in to use the frozen peas again. I sat at the computer to clear more e-mail. I found Michele's game there so I played it. Much of it was hard for me to understand, so I sent her about a dozen e-mails as I went along. At the end, I died at the hands of a villainess who was killed earlier, at least it seemed so at the time. I finished listening to an audio, and then we had supper. Chris played a computer game while I passed the time with my bag of frozen peas and rulers and a rotary cutter. I ironed the fabric I bought yesterday when it came out of the dryer. Then I practiced my trombone for a few minutes so Chris could wrap up his game. We watched several episodes of Chuck. Each one more unbelievable than the next. But the suspense is killer. As a side note, the character Morgan stands out for several reasons, one of which is his height. He is noticeably shorter than any of the other males. So we looked up the actor to see how tall he is. He is 5 inches taller than me. I never before thought of myself as noticeably shorter than other people. Do I stand out because of my height? Or lack thereof?

No comments: