Saturday, August 3, 2013

Voices and a friend

We laid about in bed, being lazy. Around 10 I remembered the farmer's market near our church. So I threw the completed kneelers in my car and drove to church. I was going to walk to the market first, but someone was coming out of the door, so it was a perfect time to bring in the kneelers. I replaced the old ones with the new ones and put the old ones in the old nursery. The organist was there and requested one for the piano bench. Then I walked to the market, bought tomatoes and peaches and walked back. I was hoping for organic meat, eggs, cheese or milk, but there was none of that. Then I went to Hancocks to look for a larger piping foot. They did not have a larger one. But I did find some cupcake fabric, some doughnut fabric and some sweet potato fabric. Two of them were on sale so I bought extra. Maybe if I had eaten breakfast first I wouldn't have been so tempted. The cashier was interested in organic food and avoiding all the things I try to avoid, and she gave me a facebook group name for permaculture. From there, I went home. I passed a yardsale on the way, so I stopped. The lady said I looked familiar, so we compared notes. As it turns out, we were both at Yongsan at the same time. How amazing is that? Her son looked familiar to me and I think he was in the third grade math class that I visited once a week. At home, I fixed breakfast, and put nuts in a bowl to soak. I was going to mow the lawn, but it rained just then. I called the Singer place to see if they had a larger foot. They did, so I drove over there. It was a small store that I had never noticed before. Her foot was not as large as I wanted, but she said it was the largest made for home machines. So I bought it. She also said that using upholstery thread in my home machine would ruin it. Never heard that before. I hope she is mistaken. Nearby was a thrift shop. It was large, and full of stuff. I looked for a pair of shoes like the ones I have, but there were none. I looked through all the other stuff, but not the clothing. I did not find anything I desperately needed, but I enjoyed looking. I came home to try out my new foot. Although the piping slot was larger, the foot was slightly deeper so it was just as hard to get the fabric and piping under the foot. Pulling it through as the machine sewed was easier. I cut and sewed 8 yards of covered piping. Chris invited a friend over to watch him play with the voices. It was by his friend's request. When I finished the piping, I ate supper and mowed part of the lawn. I know I shouldn't mow it when the grass is wet, but that is the only kind of grass we have. Then I put the soaked nuts and seeds into the immersion blender. It has a chopper attachment. I added in some fermented coconut milk and a probiotic capsule. I left the mixture in a jar to ferment over night. Then I read e-mail and watched a video interview. During the video, I was playing solitaire and all of a sudden something I did turned off the keypad. I absolutely hate it when that happens! My only recourse is to reboot. So I retired to my desktop. I finished the video and read all of the comments. Several times I jumped up at the sound of fireworks, but was unable to see them because of the trees. Then I came out to the kitchen where Chris was finishing up his game and his friend was reading. I rebooted my laptop so I could skype Michele. Chris' friend tried to help me figure out how I accidentally turned the keypad off and how to turn it back on. Chris googled it and between the two of them, the problem was solved. I skyped Michele and she told me she had written a computer game and needed someone to test-play it. She was having trouble sending it to me and I signed off to write my blog and go to bed.
*  I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the last guild meeting  *

No comments: