Saturday, August 24, 2013

The excitement of new rulers

I got up before 8. I went into my sewing room to see if I had topstitch needles. They have a longer eye and might shred the thread less. I did not find any, although I did find metallic ones. I laid down on the couch to think. Then Chris woke up. He came down to find me. I had to pay the troll. Then it was after 9. I drove to UAH where Deb was passing out orders and collecting money. I picked up two of the rulers I ordered. One is discontinued. Then I went to Jo-anns, since I was already on that part of town. Still, it was further out than I thought. When I got there, I remembered that I meant to print out the coupons that came in my e-mail. I got two packs of machine embroidery needles, an 11 and a 14. They have the bigger eyes like topstitch but were slightly cheaper. I picked up some remnants, too, since they were 50% off. On the way home, I found myself passing the salon academy where I have gotten my hair cut. I went in to see if they had an opening, and one student did. She was trimming off so little that I thought it wasn't worth getting it cut. So she asked her supervisor to start a trim guide. That meant that he cut a swath from my forehead to the back of my neck. I think she was supposed to take over then. But, he and I got in a conversation about growing organic vegetables and avoiding GMOs, and he cut it all. Looked really good, too. I tipped her 'cause it was a good cut, even if she didn't do it. When I got home, it was after 12. Chris was having lunch, so I ate some meatloaf and carrots, forgetting that I hadn't had breakfast yet. I read some e-mail, learned about rainbow looms, and then made breakfast. (Rainbow looms might make an interesting Sunday school project). After breakfast I laid out in the sun, and then drank two glasses of water and took my supplements. Chris took a shower and started the laundry. I searched for fast2cut rulers for storm-at-sea, but apparently they are hard to get unless you are willing to shell out big bucks. I perused images of Stargello quilts. The pattern calls for a special ruler made by the same company that makes the Gem Star ruler
, but I think I can get by without it. I opened the file where I have been downloading pics of communion clipart and sorted it all into its own file. I made mayonnaise, but with a new recipe – one using an immersion blender. It only called for one egg yolk, and it was kind of bitter, which the website said was due to the blender being too powerful and breaking down the droplets of olive oil. I peeled a hard-boiled egg, mixed it with some mayo and ate it. Thus fortified, I went into my sewing room. First, I changed the embroidery machine to a sewing machine. I sewed the rips in my nightgown. Then I saw some train fabric and contemplated how it could be made into a quilt. I needed to use the cutting table, so I started clearing it. Some of the fabric on it needed ironing, so I did. Then I had to run upstairs to plug in my laptop. I read e-mail until I saw the fabric Chris washed with the laundry and I took it down to iron it. When I came up, it was time for supper. Chris's game was starting. I looked for a ripe tomato and found a small one and a red pepper. We shared the pepper. I read e-mail, and listened to an audio. When the audio was over, I brainstormed church wallhangings in my mind. I brought up my file on church symbols and reflected on them. I searched the internet for the colors of the church year, and saved it in my file. When I noticed that the time was after 10, I decided to post and go to bed even though Chris is not finished with his game.

No comments: