Friday, August 2, 2013

From bad to better

My back was not feeling good when I got up.  I had trouble getting out of bed.  I read e-mail and ate breakfast. It did not improve so I called Shannon so she could find someone else to pick up Alec. Ants were swarming at the sink yesterday and I put out Terro twice. Today I put out one more puddle, and that seemed to take care of them. Some one from pest control came by to check the mouse and rat baits. I sunbathed in the back yard. About 1:30 Chris drove us to the daycare to drop off the carseat. On the way back he put gas in my car and we stopped at Kroger for condolence cards. Then I worked on the kneeler, zigzigging all the edges and stuffing the foam form inside. I also made the zipper portion of the next one and did some cutting for the top and bottom. I used our new immersion blender on the 'mayonnaise-that-wasn't'. It frothed but did not miraculously become mayo. Two packages came in the mail: Swanson and Old Navy. I put the Swanson items away and will take the Old Navy stuff to church. Feeling better, I got out the lawn mower and mowed what I could of the front yard. The mower kept overheating, so I got out a tarp and loaded cut branches onto it whenever the mower needed cooling off. I dragged the branches to the front of the yard so the city can pick them up on Monday. Chris put cod in the oven with the failed mayo and garlic and herbs and bacon fat. It was extremely good. I walked out to the garden to pick a tomato and cucumber. The tomato wasn't quite ripe, so I set it in the window. The cucumber became part of a salad with fish and mayo juice on it. I read e-mail while eating.  At 8 I wrote a sketch of my blog and went to the garage to work on cutting until Chris was ready to watch TV.  We saw several episodes of Chuck.  The writers really keep it interesting, if not believable. I finished my post and went to bed.

No comments: