Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Staying off the web

I went to bed last night with a CD playing. It worked perfectly. I fell asleep, stayed asleep all night, and woke up about 7. I may have to listen to the last half of that CD again. I used the morning hours to read e-mail, exercise, practice, make a Swanson's order, and soak quinoa. I got an e-mail from Chris that he arrived at Michele's apartment safely.  After breakfast, I listened to an audio and laid out in the sun. After a glass of water, I mowed part of the lawn, mostly in the back. Then I laid down in the basement to cool off before taking a shower. I folded laundry and read e-mail until it was time to go to the farmer's market. It took longer to get there than before because now that school has started, there is traffic and traffic police at several places along the way. The police wear light yellow gloves, but they'd be much easier to see in orange. I bought peaches, and two sizes of tomatoes. They also had apples and pears, but I couldn't eat that much. I brought the produce home and ate a small tomato and two peaches (because the first one was so good.) Then I went looking in my sewing room to reasonably match a particular fabric. I'd looked before, but this time I went through every possible place, and all the scraps, and strips and backs of fabrics, and non-quilting fabrics. I did not find it. I had already put stuff in my car for tonight, but added some cotton batting. I ate some meatloaf. Then I drove to the church. Cecelia was already there with two men who were taking apart the small pew from the front of the church. We were all amazed how much taking apart it needed just to recover the seat. When they'd gotten it apart, they left to do other things and we sat with our flathead screw drivers and pliers and pulled out staples. It was not fun and I skinned a knuckle. When we got the blue off, we saw that there was tan underneath. We decided to leave it. We also decided that a professional should do the recovering so that the fabric would be evenly stretched. I took a pic of the rose banner so I could make a matching one for the lectern for Reformation. Then I took the fabric and tools back home with me. I had to bring the stuff in in the dark since the porch light doesn't work. I am glad I didn't walk into the spiderweb in the carport. I read the latest e-mails and listened to a few episodes of Ricky Tims and his rhapsody quilt. I downloaded pics from my camera, and now I am ready to listen to the book on CD and go to bed.

No comments: