Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Show and tell is my favorite part

I was having the most interesting dream this morning but I can't remember it now. I also can't remember what threw me out of it. I got out of bed to follow my normal morning routine: e-mail, exercise, etc. I even got in some sewing (piping). After breakfast I noticed the sky darkening. So I rushed out to mow before the rain hit. The grass was wet but I struggled through. It did not rain, and in fact, the sun came out for the rest of the day. I went into my sewing room to find something for the demo tonight. I found everything I needed already done. Tonight's block is a lot like the March block. So I packed it all in a bag and stuck it in the car. I checked my blog for show-and-tell suggestions. All I could find were the samples from the FMQ class. Kneelers aren't really appropriate, nor do I have one at this time. I took a shower and left at 2:40 for the farmer's market. I bought peaches, tomatoes, and cucumbers. It is not a big market so shopping did not take long. When I got back, I finished the piping from this morning and a block from roughly a month ago which I decided to take to the meeting. At 5 I went out to mow again. The grass was dry and the weather nice. But the grass was tall and I did not get as much done as I had hoped. Chris came home a little late. He fixed himself a burrito and I had a turkey burger with some of the nut cheese on it. That was delicious. And proteinacious. (My word processor doesn't think that is a real word.) Chris held up my green quilt so I could get a good pick of it, and then I raced off to the quilt meeting. Eli had brought 3 boxes of fabric to share with the group. I got two pieces and decided to let the rest go, not wanting to take more than I should. The meeting went well. Show-and-tell was first. Then various items for discussion. Block of the month was last and seemed to go well. I did not stop at the Asian store on the way home for kimbop like I usually do. I got home about 8 and I sat at my computer to write Eli a thankyou note and send a msg to Jeanette and a couple of recipes to Lisa. Then I posted to my blog for yesterday. I had written the post earlier but got side-tracked by more urgent things. Then Chris and I watched a couple of episodes of Chuck before going to bed.
*  This is Jen's quilt.  She bought the top on Ebay and quilted it.  *

No comments: