Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chocolate chocolate everywhere

We slept late and got up later, like 11am. I read e-mail. Chris found a box sitting on the front porch. It was my 20 lbs of raw cacao nibs. I did some exercise, and then we stuffed my car with beer bottles and jars. First we went to WalMart for a new teakettle (one that whistles). Then we went to the recycling center to drop off the glass. Anyone watching would have thought the beer bottles were from a massive New Year's party, but it was just a long accumulation of one bottle a day. When we got back, I finished my exercises. Instead of juicing, I put sprouts and carrots through the blender. Then I made and ate my breakfast. It was midafternoon by then, so I went out to rake and soak up sunlight. I finished the leaves under the magnolia tree. So then I stirred up the food scrap pile with a pitch fork and added some leaves. I cleared the porch and patio of leaves, and then came in. I had a bite to eat and read more e-mail, and watched the video on Fluff and Stuff machine quilting. Chris started the usual Saturday night game with Michele and some on-line friends. I put some butter on a cold sweet potato and used my hair dryer to melt it. I emptied the dishwasher and put the dishes away.  I got out every empty container I could find and filled them with raw cacao nibs.  That's about a year's worth.  I sat at the desktop computer to print out a paragraph for a letter, and to write something else. Then I went downstairs to work on the Linus quilt. I finished three wonky blocks for a total of 20. But since there were 9 of one kind and 11 of the other, I decided to make another of the 9 kind. I remember looking at my watch and seeing 10:30. The next time I looked (only a few minutes later), it had jumped to 11:30. Must be a time warp in my sewing area. 
*  This is the box the cacao nibs came in  *

No comments: